Friday, April 9, 2010

Anti-Semitic joke on TV.

It has occured just a few minutes ago; in fact, I was using the laptop when it happened and I've come here as fast as I could (after having overcome the shock). Let's see what has happened.
There is a Spanish TV channel called laSexta. Among its programmes, one of the most popular ones is SÉ LO QUE HICISTEIS, which is broadcasted between 15:25 and 17:30. One of its presenters is Dani Mateo, who runs a parody of a TV news bulletin inside this programme, based on actual events.
One of this events was the selling of the famous list made by Oskar Schindler in order to save more than 1,100 Jews from the nazis. Schindler's story was dramatized in Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List.
I can't remember now the exact words employed by Mateo, but it was something like this:

"Taking into account that the owner of the list is probably a Jew and that it's possible that one of his relatives is on the list, now it can be said that, for a million euros, a Jew is capable of selling his own mother."

I don't know whether Dani Mateo, or the person who is the real author of the joke, is actually an anti-Semite. What I know is that making that kind of jokes makes him like he is an anti-Semite.
If I find the video, I'll link it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment